Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My dad's 52nd Birthday

This past weekend we spent the weekend celebrating my Dad's birthday. We went to a local resort to take advantage of a sunny Saturday. We decided to go through the free zoo!! It was actually really nice! We ended up paying the  15$ a person to go through the animal nursery/barn. We had so much fun! We enjoyed getting to be up close with the animals and getting to learn a little more about them. I fell in love with a sloth and a fennec fox.
My Dad petting an alligator

The animal nursery lets alpacas, deer, pigs and chicken run through the barn freely. They are so friendly and sweet! They were hilarious to watch. The poor deer thought she was the mother of the pigs and continuously licked them.The deer was super friendly, case in point, she wouldn't quit eating my dress or my dad's shirt.

My Dad and Hubs playing with the deer.



We ate dinner at the ski lodge and it was so yummy! I had a flat bread pizza with blue and goat cheese, apple slices and a garlic crumble. Justin and I split a cast iron cookie dessert, it was maybe the best dessert I have ever had. I am sure it was low in calories -  HAHA!


 My parents stayed with us Saturday night and my brother was able to join us for brunch Sunday morning. I made pot roast hash, we had cupcakes and gave my dad his gifts after brunch. It was one of the best family days, and a great way to celebrate my dad! 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It was a great day :)

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to your dad! Spending some quality time with the family is a great way to celebrate a birthday. Money can't buy that.

    herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Some of the best days are just being together!

      Delete