Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day Recap

I love country music. Ok, I love all music; but old school 90s Country Music, it is my roots. My poor husband loves my love of old school country music, heheh.  I have always said if Sammy Kershaw ever came close to my area we'd go. I love love love the Kershaw's song Queen of my Double Wide Trailer, along with all of his music really. By chance a few months ago I was on his webpage and realized he was coming 90 minutes north of us, I was so excited.

Sammy, along with Joe Diffie and Aaron Tippin, preformed on Friday the 14th at The Capital Theater. Since the weather hasn't been the best  we decided to just stay the night near the concert and having a relaxing weekend. We both took off Friday, enjoyed sleeping, having Dunkin Donuts for breakfast and being able not to rush. We got our bags in the truck and headed north. Our first stop was to drop off some stuff to Justin's dad and visit with him for a few minutes. Since it was Valentine's Day we decided to have a nicer late lunch and not really do dinner in hopes to beat the crowds. We decided on a Japanese Steak House that we love and enjoyed being the only ones in the restaurant!  After our bellies got full we got back on the road. We made it to our hotel, checked in and got settled. We just so happened to being stay next to a Cabela's (yeah, I planned it!) so Justin was eager to make that our first shopping stop of the weekend. We did a few hours of shopping there and then headed back to our room to get ready to go.

I have been scouring some of my favorite online boutiques for a perfect date night dress. And finally found it at So Lola . It was my first time ordering from the lovely boutique and couldn't have been more happier with the customer service, quality of clothing and adorableness.

Jacket - Oldnavy, Dress So Lola, Leggins Torrid, Boots Fergie



While in the concert some snow came down so we slowly made our way back to our hotel room, we were both of hungry so we stopped at Sheetz to get some MTO and crash. We were both up way past our bedtimes lol. We woke up the following morning to an amazing deluxe continental breakfast. If you are looking for a family friendly, affordable and amazing customer service hotel chain, I can't say enough nice things about Microtel Inn and Suites. We left the hotel and went to meet friends for lunch in a nearby town and spend the rest of the afternoon shopping. We found lots of great deals and were able to enjoy the weekend just relaxing and being together. It was nice to just have a small getaway and really relax. Sometimes it is nice to just have nothing to focus on but each other and having fun.


How'd you spend your Valentine's Day? 



2 comments:

  1. Joyous to know about this valentine’s day party. Couple of months ago, I arranged a dance party on valentine’s day at an exquisite event space Chicago. Hired one of professional and best DJ service in the city and had an amazing party with my friends.

    ReplyDelete