Monday, February 17, 2014

Starting the Week off Right...

The weather finally was nice enough on a Sunday for Weight Watchers to be on. I was excited to go because I knew the last two weeks have not been the best for me. I know WW works, but part of the working (For me)  is going to the meeting and weighing in. I have said it many times that I need the support, accountability and gentle pressure from the meetings. ( I say pressure with love). I sadly gained 4.5lbs over the last two weeks. I would say a majority of the weight gain came from this weekend ... cookies, doughnuts, coke a cola, Mexican food, 750 calorie milkshakes, Japanese food... This Valentine's Day was spent indulging... a little too much ... I am ready to kick this week's ass though. Starting today.

I have been saying for the past week that I wanted to do I wanted to weekly goals, something to keep me accountable week by week and also make me healthier. So the goals are... ( I will reevaluate Monday, February 24)

1. Drink 72 ounces of water a day
       My trusty water bottle will have to go everywhere with me. I will also have a glass of hot green tea every  morning to help keep things moving and with the water intake!
2. Have a fruit or veggie with every meal and snack.
        I love fruits and veggies, I just have to be mindful and have an option ready to go during the day. 
4. Do 90 minutes of exercise (through out the week)
        It is supposed to be in the 50s towards the end of the week, I hopeful we can get a walk in with the dogs. If not I have the Jillian videos.  
5. Do not eat anything from work
      This is hard. Our cook is amazing and the treats are plentiful. But it isn't worth it. Thin taste so much better. I have to have my healthier treats and options ready just in case the mood for something sweet happens. 
6. Pack all my breakfast and lunches
     Be prepared the night before. Simple. 
7. No mindless late night snacking
      If I want to save points for a nightly snack I need to make sure it has a fruit or veggie and is low in points. No more snacks, just because. 


These goals are something I know are attainable. They will require effort and work, but a little work isn't a bad thing! In our WW meeting the leader was talking about looking at one week at a time, something I am big on. So here is my next attempt to making me healthier. How was your weekend? Any indulgences? Please tell me I wasn't the only one who got caught up in the romance of food....

No comments:

Post a Comment